Natural Vs Toxic Sunscreen
Here are the ingredients to avoid in your sunscreen that can lead to serious health issues:
- Para amino benzoic acid…
- Octyl salicyclate…
- Padimate O…
- Menthyl anthranilate…
- Trolamine salicyclate…
THE BIG ONES:
- Octyl methoxycinnamate
- Butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane
- Dioxybenzone and oxybenzone are also known to create allergies and mutations of cells in our bodies.
Sunscreen with Natural Ingredients
- Titanium Dioxide (6.0%) and Zinc Oxide (6.0)
- Sunflower Oil and Wax: Sunflower oil is a superior moisturizer and contains vitamins A, D and E. This outstanding ingredient is often used to moisturize dry, weathered, and aged skin. Sunflower wax helps make sunscreen water resistant without the use of petroleum products.
- Lecithin: Lecithin is found in the membranes of plant cells (soy). It is widely used in cosmetics as an emollient and water-binding agent.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil has been used by the islanders for many hundreds of years to moisturize their skin. And it moisturized their skin while they attained a glowing, dark tan. Even better, if you have skin sensitivities, it is likely to be mild and gentle on your skin.
- Glycerine: Used as an emollient, glycerine improves your skin’s natural moisture by attracting just the right amount of water to maintain your skin’s homeostasis. Furthermore, research proves the presence of glycerine in the intercellular layer.
- Jojoba oil: Jojoba oil is a non-fragrant natural emollient that serves up superior moisturizing and skin conditioning properties.
- Tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E):Vitamin E also acts as a natural preservative.
Shea butter:Shea butter is a natural plant lipid used as both a thickener and an emulsifier. What’s more, it also has effective moisturizing properties.
- Eucalyptus oil: Eucalyptus oil is an essential oil. And when it’s mixed with other oils, it is more easily absorbed by your skin. Best of all, it assists other oils to be absorbed in your skin as well. This obviously supports the moisturizing process.
- Aloe Vera Gel: One of the most nutritionally alive plants on Earth, aloe contains over 130 active compounds and 34 amino acids believed to be beneficial to your skin.
- Beeswax: Beeswax is a creamy wax produced in the beehive of honey bees. It’s used as a natural carrier for zinc oxide and the other active ingredients. Plus it helps make sunscreen water resistant without the use of petroleum products.
After Sun Oil
Soothe your skin with natural botanicals:
- Lavender x 10 drops
- Chamomile German x 3 drops
- Jojoba oil x 1 fl oz
Sun Burn Blend
- Lavender x 8 drops
- Frankincense x 4 drops
- Aloe Vera – tb spn.
When feeling dizzy or like you may faint due to high heat temperatures, drink 3 litres of water in the day with one teaspoon of salt added. Use lavender on temples and back of neck. Stay in the shade.
- Skin goes red and dry, feeling of cold and shivering. Call MD. Get inside.
- Damp the body with cold water, with 4 drops of eucalyptus and lavender. Apply ice to underarms and the back of the neck/groin, wrists
- Drink plenty of water with a little salt added.
ALWAYS AVOID DEET because exposure causes neurons to die in several parts of your brain – including areas that control muscle movement, memory, concentration and learning. Rats given small doses of DEET for 60 days had a harder time accomplishing even the easiest tasks, things as simple as walking.
Essential Oil blend:
- 4 oz bottle with 1 fl oz alcohol and 3 fl oz distilled water
- Peppermint x 25
- Thyme x 5
- Lemongrass 2.5 ml
- Lavender x 3 drops
- Use Lemongrass in a candle diffuser when outside to avoid mosquitoes and cover up!
- Nausea – Peppermint tea with honey and peppermint oil on wrists, back of neck and behind ears, on tissue keep smelling
- Sickness – Ginger tea and ginger oil massaged on stomach, wrists, behind ears, back of neck
To purchase all of the essential oils listed here and in my podcasts visit Doterra.com